Employer Sponsorship for Overseas Workers
Are you experiencing a skills gap in your business?
Don’t worry! Sometimes there can be a huge difference between the skills required for a particular job and the actual ability of the current employee carrying out the operation.
Your workers won’t necessarily be inept or incompetent, but if they are not the right fit for your business, you don’t have to compromise on your money, time and reputation.
If you cannot obtain the right employee in your city or the entire Australian nation, and believe you can get the best fit from overseas, Australia is ready to welcome them with open arms!
In fact, you are not the only one who is doing this. With the increasing globalisation, advance travelling technology, and better migration policies, sponsoring overseas labour has become easier and more common than ever.
At Sirus Migration, we can help you sponsor your skilled labour properly and legally.
To start with, you will have to fulfil the eligibility criteria requirements:
- The business must be lawfully operating in Australia
- There is no adverse information known to the Department about the applicant for approval to become a sponsor
- Operating, irrespective of whether the business operation is inside or outside Australia
- The salary offered to your staff must meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT). Currently, the TSMIT is set at $53,900, which gets indexed annually
- Your prospective employees must be able to prove that they have the required qualification and/or work experience to carry out the required operations and hold valid licenses or certifications.