If you’re a successful business owner or investor willing to make a designated investment in an Australian state or territory government bond, then this is the correct business visa type for you.
The Business Innovation and Investment Visa Subclass 188 is a provisional visa valid for four years and provides a pathway to permanent residency through Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) (subclass 888) Visa.
There are five eligibility streams for attaining this visa:
- Business Innovation – for business owners seeking to establish business operations in Australia and are nominated by a state or territory
- Investor – for people who are willing to invest $1.5 million in an Australian State or Territory bonds and not involved in any unacceptable business or investment activities
- Significant Investor – for people willing to invest $5 million into complying investments in Australia
- Premium Investor – for people willing to invest at least $15 million into complying premium investments in Australia
- Entrepreneur – for people having a funding agreement from a third party for at least AUD 200000 to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity
To be eligible for the Business Innovation and Investor stream you are required to meet at least 65 points, but the Significant Investor Stream is not points tested.
The next step towards your Permanent Residency is the Subclass 888. Click here to learn about this visa