Who is this visa for?
If you’re a high calibre business owner with a proven successful business history and want to launch your venture in Australia, this is the correct visa type for you.
As a business owner, you will live in Australia and have a genuine and realistic commitment to continuously maintain an ownership interest and participate in the daily management of your business.
You have two streams to choose from:
- Significant Business History: High-level business owners who want to launch a meaningful business activity providing employment, exports or high-level investment. The 132 Significant Business History visa gets reviewed by the Department of Home Affairs every two years.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneurs: People who have obtained at least AUD$1 million in agreed funding from an Australian venture capital firm, which is also an AVCAL member, to bring their innovations to a commercial stage.
You must be able to fulfil the following eligibility requirements to obtain the visa:
1. be nominated by a state or territory government agency
2. be invited to apply for the visa
3. Significant Business History stream
You must have assets of AUD 1.5 million and business turnover of AUD 3 million
4. Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream
You must have funding of at least AUD 1 million from an Australian venture capital firm.