101-802 Child (Offshore & Onshore)

101-802 Child (Offshore & Onshore)

A child visa (802 and 101) allows an eligible parent to sponsor their child to live in Australia for an indefinite period of time. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.


802 visa is applied if the child is in Australia while 101 visas is applied when the child is outside Australia. Both the visas allow applicants to live in Australia permanently with their parents.


Eligibility Criteria

For Parent

To get this visa, the parent must be:


  • an Australian citizen
  • the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen.


For Child

To get this visa, the child must be:


  • sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
  • single and younger than 18 years of age (and not adopted)

In the case of an adopted child, the child must be below the age of 18 at the time of adoption.

In case the child is between 18 to 25 years of age, they should be full-time students to be eligible.

A child who is 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.

The child can include their own dependent children in this application.

Are you chasing your Australian Dream? At Sirus Migration, we can assist you in obtaining your desired visa. Call us today!

    EnglishChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)