Visa option: Parent Visa (subclass 103)
The Parent Visa Subclass 103 will allow you to live in Australia with your child for an indefinite amount of time, provided they are Australian citizens, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.
Whilst this visa has the lowest application fee out of all the Parent Visas, applicants must be prepared to wait in a queue for their visa to be processed, as waiting times for approval can take up to 30 years.
This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia permanently.
You can apply for this visa if:
– You are applying outside Australia.
– You have a child who lives in Australia and you want to become a permanent Australian resident
To apply for a Parent Visa (subclass 103), a parent must:
1.Meet the balance of family test
2.Meet health and character requirements
3.Have a sponsor
Up to 30 years
Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114)
This visa is for some older people to migrate to Australia if they rely on an eligible relative in Australia to provide financial support. There can be waiting times of up to 50 years for this visa.
- be dependent on the relative in Australia
- be single
- be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension
- have someone who will provide an assurance of support.
Length of stay