Partner Visa Australia | Sirus Migration Brisbane, Australia

Partner Visa

Book your partner visa consultation with our team today

    Who this visa is for


    If you have a spouse or de facto who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be eligible for one of these visas.


    The relationship must be genuine and ongoing, and both parties must freely consent to the relationship. In instances where you do not live with your partner, you will need to demonstrate to the Department that this separation is only temporary. There are further requirements specific to married and de facto applicants, e.g. legal requirements under Australian law and time specifications, which can vary in relevance from the applicant to applicant. Sirus Migration can advise you on these requirements and any waivers applicable to your circumstances.


    If your relationship has broken down and the following scenarios apply to your situation, Sirus Migration can also advise you on your prospects for a visa grant despite those circumstances:


    • There is a child of the relationship;
    • Your partner died and you can prove that your relationship would have continued if your partner had lived and you have close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia; or
    • You or members of your family unit have suffered family violence.


    The Process

    Your application is processed in two stages, usually two years apart. However, applicants are only required to lodge one application for both the temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge.


    Stage 1:

    The Department of Home Affairs assesses your application and makes a decision to grant a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820/309) initially.

    Stage 2:

    Approximately two years after the date you applied for the visa if you are still eligible for the visa you will be required to submit further evidence showing that the relationship still exists and is genuine and continuing. If the Department is satisfied, you will be granted a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801/100).


    If you want to apply for the first step for Partner Visa Offshore/Onshore click here 

    If you are already engaged with an Australian Citizen, click here to learn more about Subclass 300

    If you are ready for the permanent step, click here to discover how 

    EnglishChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)