Student Visa Subclass 500
This visa allows you to study full-time in Australia from a recognised educational institution.
- Before you apply for this visa, you must have been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia.
- You must be at least six years of age. In that case, you should have organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid health insurance.
The GTE requirement applies to all student visa applicants. The officer assessing the visa will consider the individual circumstances of the student to determine their intention for a temporary stay in Australia. You must satisfy the officer that you have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily.
English Language Requirements:
You might need to provide evidence of your English language skills with your visa application. If you need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency, there is a minimum English language test score we will accept. If you are required to provide evidence of your English language skills with your application and you do not do so, your visa could be refused.
Length of stay
You can get a valid visa that allows you to stay in Australia for up to five years.
Student Visa Subclass 590
This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.
Nomination of Student Guardian
You must provide completed Form 157N – Nomination of Student Guardian with your visa application or it will not be valid.
Attach electronic copies of your documents to your visa application or electronic documents to your visa application or your visa could be refused.
- be the student’s parent, legal guardian or relative
- have enough money to support yourself and the student during your stay
- be able to provide accommodation and other support
- be at least 21 years of age.
Length of stay
With this visa, you can stay in Australia for upto five years
Bringing Children Along:
You can only bring children under six years old if either:
1. there are compelling and compassionate reasons
2. granting the visa would significantly benefit the relationship between the Australian Government and the government of another country. If this is the case, you must be at least 21 and the student must be supported in writing by a parent or person who has custody of the child.
The child must meet the same health requirements as you and have a valid health insurance for the duration of their stay in Australia. Children six years old or older can come along but they must apply for their own student visa.
75 percent of applications processed in 48 Days
90 percent of applications processed in 3 months