If you have an occupation that appears on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) you may be eligible to apply under one of the Points Based Skilled Migration categories.
More details about the SOL, including the list of nominated occupations, are available from the Department of Home Affairs website
There is a range of Points Based Skilled Migration visas available, but they all share the same process.
Stage 1: Expression of Interest (EOI) and Ranking
Your details of qualifications, experience, English language ability and other information is submitted in an EOI in SkillSelect.
What is an EOI?
- An online form whose purpose is for an intending migrant to express interest in applying for a skilled visa.
- An intending migrant can only lodge points tested skilled or business innovation and investment visa application once they have submitted a complete EOI and have subsequently received an invitation from the Minister to apply for a visa.
- Intending migrants can also express interest in the employer-sponsored visa programs and be found and contacted by an employer to discuss employment and sponsorship opportunities.
- It is not a visa application.
- Sirus Migration Consultants can provide assistance and advice regarding the lodgment of an EOI to the Department.
Stage 2: Invitation
If you possess the skills and qualifications needed in the Australian labour market and are sufficiently highly ranked you will be invited by the Minister to make a visa application or may be nominated or sponsored by an Australian employer.
Stage 3: Visa application
Application is assessed against visa criteria.
Sirus Migration Consultants can provide assistance and advice on the visa criteria applicable to your circumstances, and that will need to be satisfied for a visa to be granted.
There are various Permanent and Temporary Work & Skilled Visas that you may be interested of.
If you want to learn more about them, please click on the subclass you are the most interest of