186-187 Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) & Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
A visa which allows employers to permanently employ overseas workers in Australia.
Important Visa Eligibility
- Having the skills, qualifications and experience in a role that is either on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skilled List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
- Having an Australian Business which is willing to sponsor you in your chosen role.
Can apply through three (3) streams
1. Temporary Residence Transition Stream:
- For subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for the same occupation with the same nominating employer for two (2) out of the three (3) years before the visa application was lodged.
2. Direct Entry Stream:
- Applying directly from outside Australia;
- People who have never, or briefly worked in Australia;
- Temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream; or
- Australian Businesses who are willing to sponsor an employee through the Direct Entry Stream.
3. Labour Agreement:
- For subclass 457 visa holders nominated by an Australian Business through a labour agreement.
- Very hard to procure a labour agreement.
Your Rights as a Subclass 186 Visa Holder
- Have all the benefits of being an Australian permanent resident.
- Be eligible to become an Australian Citizen in the future.
- Transition Residence Stream: 7 – 9 months.
- Direct Entry Stream: 9 – 12 months.
Tips & Tricks
If you do not have an Australia Business who is willing to give you employment in a regional part of Australia, you still have a chance to procure a subclass 186 visa. You can lodge an expression of interest. Prospective employers and state & territory governments can then view your details and decide on whether to nominate you for skilled migration.
Further, the Australian Government and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection are making it increasingly harder to procure skilled migrant visas. The Department are extremely uncompromising in relation to the types of evidence and the volume of evidence that you will need to provide to be successful in your visa application.
Sirus Migration’s migration agents and lawyers are well placed to help you with the above. We will handle your visa application from start to finish. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Providing you with up-to-date, comprehensive, strategic migration law advice;
- Providing you with a unique list of supporting documents that you will need to procure to be successful in your matter;
- Providing advice in relation to filling out Department forms; and
- Drafting any necessary submissions as requested by the Department.