This stream is for Points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
For the Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream you need to submit an expression of interest.
If you are a New Zealand citizen you may be eligible to apply for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (New Zealand) stream.
- have a relevant occupation
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- meet the points test pass mark of 65 points
- be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation
- have Competent English
- be invited by us to apply.
Length of stay
This visa is a permanent residence visa.