Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa
This visa is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis;
- in relation to a bilateral agreement
- to represent a foreign government or to teach a foreign language in an Australian school
- to undertake full-time domestic work for a diplomat
- as a person with statutory privileges and immunities
- to participate in the Seasonal Worker Programme.
To become an eligible applicant, you must fulfil some prerequisites:
- You represent a foreign government agency or be employed as a foreign language teacher by a foreign government (Foreign Government Agency stream)
- You have privileges and immunities under a relevant act (Privileges and Immunities stream)
- You are either a domestic worker for a subclass 995 visa holder (Domestic Worker stream) or a resident of the Pacific Islands (Seasonal Worker Program stream)
Length of Stay:
If you fall in the Government Agreement stream, then you are allowed to stay in Australia for up to 2 years with this visa whereas, if you fall in the Foreign Government Agency Stream, you can extend your stay to 4 years.
If you are a part of the Domestic Worker Stream, you are allowed to stay in Australia for up to 12 months. A further visa may be applied for onshore, which if granted will be valid for the duration of your employer’s posting to Australia.
- Seasonal Worker Program stream – for the duration of seasonal employment
- Pacific Labour Scheme stream – from 12 months and up to 3 years
Training visa (subclass 407)
If you want to take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, the area of tertiary study or field of expertise, then the subclass 407 is the correct visa type for you. The Subclass 407 allows you to participate in a professional development training programs in Australia, but this visa is not appropriate for people who simply intend to find employment in Australia.
There are an Eligibility Criteria that you need to fulfil to obtain this visa:
- be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- be at least 18 years of age
90 per cent of applications processed in 84 days
75 per cent of applications processed in 53 days