417 Working Holiday visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
- do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
- have a passport from an eligible country.
Points to note
- First Working Holiday visa: You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is granted.
- Second Working Holiday visa: If you apply for the Second Working Holiday Visa in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
Visa processing times
75 percent of applications processed in 21 days
90 percent of applications processed in 35 days