If you are an Australian employer wanting to address a labour shortage at your workspace, the TSS visa is the correct visa type for you. It enables you to bring in genuinely skilled workers from overseas where you cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian. It facilitates the targeted use of overseas workers to address temporary skill shortages while ensuring that Australian workers get priority. TSS visa holders can work in Australia in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor under one of three streams:
- the Short-Term stream
- the Medium-Term stream
- the Labour Agreement stream.
You might be able to get this visa, as an overseas worker, if you have been nominated for a position by an approved sponsor and that nomination has been approved.
- meet any required skills and qualifications requirements including completing any skills assessments required
- meet English language requirements
- if in Australia, hold a substantive visa, a subclass 010 (Bridging A) visa, a subclass 020 (Bridging B) visa or a Subclass 030 (Bridging C) visa
- have substantially complied with any conditions that apply or applied to your last visa
- meet health and character requirements
Length of stay:
With this visa, a person can stay in Australia for one to four years, depending on his nominated occupation, visa stream and circumstances.