This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. It lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you are done with your course. Students are able to access the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) only once, as a primary applicant.
The visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream
- Post-Study Work stream
If you are applying as the main applicant, you and anybody else covered by the application must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.
- be under 50 years of age
- hold an eligible visa
- have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course
- meet additional requirements of the relevant stream
The qualification must either:
- Graduate Work stream: relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list
- Post-Study Work stream: be a higher education degree
Length of stay
- Graduate Work stream – 18 months
- Post-Study Work stream – two to four years