491 Skilled Work Regional Visa Australia | Sirus Migration

491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa

With this visa you can


  • Stay in Australia for 5 years from the date we grant you the visa
  • Live, work and study in a designated region of Australia
  • Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
  • Apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – which commences on 16 November 2022.


Designated regional area


  • You and all members of your family unit who are also holders of the visa, will need to live work and study in a designated regional area of Australia. Your nomination must not be withdrawn, or you will not be granted the visa.


How long you can stay


This is a temporary visa. You can stay in Australia for 5 years from the date we grant your visa.


Stay longer


You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending this visa.


Include family


You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:

  • Include them when you submit your visa application
  • Add a dependent child after you submit but before we decide on your visa application.

Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.

Family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health and character requirements.

If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, tell us the reason why (for example, they already hold Australian citizenship or are a permanent resident).




From AUD4,045 for the main applicant.

There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.

You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is called the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We ask for the charge only if we are going to grant the visa.

The second instalment charge for family members is AUD4,890.

The Visa Pricing Estimator does not include the second instalment or other costs. You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics


Apply from


You can be in or outside Australia, but not in immigration clearance when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application.

If you apply in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a subclass 010 Bridging A visa, a subclass 020 Bridging B visa or a subclass 030 Bridging C visa, otherwise your application will not be valid.


Processing times


We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:

  • whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
  • how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
  • how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
  • how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements


Your obligations


You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.




You can travel out of Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid.

The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.


Visa label


Visas are digitally linked to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.

EnglishChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)